Friday, May 13, 2011

Wing Fairing Progress

Sorry no post yesterday, the site was down for posting. I've been working on the wing root fairings and the sky light pretty hard. Thursday I worked in the shade tree shop, it was a beautiful day for working outside.

The only problem with the shop was the little green stars that were falling like snow. Not exactly sure what they are? I think the tree is called a Redbud. They did add some color to my helper BC.


I cut out the two curved leading edge fairings and the center windshield retainer from the patterns I made Wednesday. After lunch I trail fitted the leading edge pieces with the rubber weather stripping installed. With that checked , I made the necessary modifications and cleaned up all the other pieces for painting.
  Today I took all the fairings out and installed and checked everything one last time before painting. Sorry but I forgot the camera so no pictures today. There is a total of 12 pieces of metal and the Sky Light. There was a surprising amount of work in  making and fitting these correctly. Tomorrow I will install a couple nut plates and they will all be ready for paint. Not sure when that will happen because were in a stretch of bad weather now and I need to paint outside. It's time for the engine assembly anyway!
   

No comments: