Monday, May 9, 2011

Root Fairings

Had an appointment in the middle of the day today so that split up today's progress. I started by making the new skylight in the shade tree shop at the house. It should not crack like the first attempt. The honeysuckle is out this week and the shop smells divine !
I only got in about 3 hours at the airport today. I installed all the root fairings except the two at the front and trial fitted the skylight.
 Here's the left side bottom.
and the right side.
They still need a little clean up , but they fit good enough for a beater Cub. I worked on the front curved pieces for a while , but could not get them to fit the way I wanted. I lost interest in this so I finished the left hand jury strut installation. I did chip the powder coat in a couple places but overall it came out OK.
 

I hope to put in a full day tomorrow. BC wanted to say Hi to his Mom for mothers day.

No comments: