Saturday, May 28, 2011

Details

Friday always seems to be a busy day for visitors at the Airport. I got distracted early by a request for some A65 pushrods and progress slowed to a crawl. I did get the skylight finished with all the help available, and installed the cabane cover plates that I spent so much time on last winter. This completes the windows.

I spent a little time cleaning off  the finger prints and polished all the windows. Through pure luck they all made it through the installation phase scratch free. The windshield is a beautiful piece of molded plastic, clear and distortion free.  I then marked the cowl for installation of the chafe protection and removed it. I still need to complete the mag wires, throttle installation, breather, carb. heat. and primer line. I also had visitors with cameras , here is a shot of my head working on the throttle. They have overstayed the 10 minute limit.
Not much progress, but even at this rate it will fly in June!(I hope)

No comments: