Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tail complete

I did manage to get a little work done today. I really needed the plexiglass  for the skylight so today was the day for the trip to Norfolk and Norva Plastics. I will not even attempt that trip on a Friday much less a holiday Friday. I picked out the gray smoke tint and while they were cutting it ,I had a pleasant lunch with my Dad and Helen. Traffic was not really too bad with the normal moving slow down at the entrance to the tunnel. I went out after dinner to finish the tail. I started with a through inspection, then installed the cotter pins in all the rotating bolts and clevis pins. I then set the elevator control cable tension and safety wired the turnbuckles. After one last inspection , I installed all the tail inspection covers. Here it is all finished up.




I am still working on adjusting the rudder cables , because of my extra large dogs the rudder pedals need to be just right so I can get to the brakes and rudder at the same time.
I am pretty happy with how all this turned out, tomorrow I start on the skylight. It will be so much easier to do all the fitting with the wings off. Here's one last shot, sweet!!



No comments: