Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hanger complete

Got an early start today and completed the hanger. I just did some housekeeping and rearranging on the right wing side. I also tied the fabric back up on the Commonwealth fuselage. The plane fit in with room to spare. After lunch I installed the muffler and it fits great! I guess the 4th time is the charm. It really would have been the 3rd time if they had just followed my instructions. It now clears the gascolator fine and all the hoses are accessible. The pipe is just a little off on the hole in the cowl, but perfectly acceptable. Here are a few shots.
After I finished this some really big thunderstorms rolled through, so I took an early dinner break. My friend Scott will be out of town this weekend so he offered his hanger for assembly and rigging. After the rain was done we got everything setup for assembly tomorrow. The plan is to meet at 9 AM weather permitting.
 Here she is, so close!


Check back in tomorrow, I'm on a roll now! The end is in sight.

No comments: