Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Side windows


The weather man was a little off today and the rain stayed mainly in the western part of Virginia. With warm temps and the clear skies, I decided to roll out the fuselage so I could get to my bandsaw and cut the last two side windows. I slipped the boot cowl on the fuselage and you can see in these pictures that the paint color does not match exactly.

 I do not think it will be as noticeable when the red is painted. With this out of the way , I cut the little window just behind the windshield and the skylight. My bandsaw with a fine tooth blade works great on plexiglass. They still need some final fitting once the windshield is back in place.
After this I did the final fitting and drilling of the cockpit door window, this is all ready for the final screws. Since I'm constantly opening this to work inside the cockpit , I will leave this window out until I'm almost finished. It came out really nice.
I had some other chores to do today so this is all I got accomplished . Maybe I'll have more progress to report tomorrow. Check back then.

No comments: