Monday, November 1, 2010

Final white paint

The forecast for today was for a high of around 60 so I planned on putting the final coats of Polytone on the lower door. The forecast for the rest of the week is 50's or warmer with rain so today was my best day. I started with a light wet sanding with 400 paper to get some trash out of the previous coats. While waiting for the temp to peak I finished installing the throttle controls and friction washers, about 4 PM it was as warm as it was going to get and I shot 1 1/2 cross coats of white Polytone. The Polytone gloss should just about match the Randolph finish on the fuselage. Here are a couple shots.

This will need to dry for a few days then I will shoot the red trim, maybe this weekend. That's it for today's progress, tomorrow I will finish shimming the control torque tube pillow blocks and work on the boot cowling.

No comments: