Sunday, November 14, 2010

Primer day

Started the day by taping off the firewall and getting the boot cowl ready for primer. Just as Vanessa promised it was a stunning day with crystal clear blue sky and warm temps. I set up for painting outside since this coat will be lightly sanded anyway and a few small bugs would not hurt a thing. After a wipe down with 2210 cleaner and a tac rag, I shot two coats of Stits off white epoxy primer.
There are just a few tiny voids around a couple of the riveted repairs that I will fill with lacquer spot and glaze putty. Hopefully I can sand this tomorrow and shoot the insignia white Aerothane.
I went out to the airport this evening and got the original boot cowl that came with the project. This is how the stripes were originally, it is really easy to tape off and paint, however I am open to suggestions? Of course I have eliminated the yellow pin striping . Any thoughts?
 That is it for progress today, the rest of the day was spent cleaning up the shop and watching football with my bud. We will be all rested up for a hard week of airplane building .

No comments: