Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Midnight visitor

Last night I awoke from a sound sleep to a scraping noise coming from my second story air conditioner. When I looked out to investigate there was a pair of eyes looking back ! Somehow a raccoon had gotten up on the roof and was trying to get into the house. It was such a beautiful night I had left the fuselage outside, I assumed the critter had climbed one of my trees to get on the roof and would get down the same way. When I checked the plane this morning it was clear he had used the fuselage to get up on the roof. Lucky there was no damage except for his footprints. The fuselage is in the garage tonight !
After it warmed up a little I scrubbed the boot cowl with 310 cleaner and etched it with Twin Etch. The plan for today was just to prime the inside and the repair pieces. I had everything ready to paint before lunch.
 After lunch, I got everything set up to paint. I decided to paint outside with the 60 F temperature and I was tried of cleaning the shop of over spray. I set up in the driveway next to the house to get a little shield from the wind. With the warm sun it was a great day to work outside. Here it is all set up , the poor van is hoping to catch some overspray!
I then shot two coats of Stits epoxy primer. It came out pretty good , the hose did touch the paint in a couple spots . It was really awkward painting down in this "hole". Tomorrow I will rivet all the patches and this will complete the repairs to the boot cowling.


Not much progress today but more than I accomplished all last week ! BC has a "new" spot where he can make sure that I'm still working !


 

No comments: