Sunday, November 28, 2010

Boot cowl progress

Got a little work done yesterday, here are a few shots while I wait for it to warm up a little before starting to work today. I rebuilt this mixer bellcrank that is just behind the rear seat. Lubricated and replaced bolts as necessary.
I then installed the seats, still need to add the foam padding that goes on the steel tube frame of the front seat, I'll probably need to go by the bike store for this, they had foam insulation at the Lowes but it was split on one side. I think bicycle grip stuff would work better. Yes I know the seats do not match, maybe Santa will bring her some new seats ! It will fly the same either way.
After this I tackled the boot cowling, I'm not going to jinx myself and say this is on for good. So this will hopefully be an extended trial fitting.  Here are a few shots, I'm still assembling everything loose and then will have to get help to tighten everything up. Here are a few shots.






 Sure does not look like a full days work, but it was. Pretty cold today, high only 45 F . I may find a sunny spot and watch football, eat and nap like my retirement role model BC.



No comments: