Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Even more painting

The weather man says this will be the last 70 degree day for awhile, so I spent the day painting. Got started about 9:30 and did a little finish wet sanding on the right gear leg so it could dry before painting. Then using the fine brush I bought yesterday, I painted the black touch up spots on the cockpit interior. It really does not look too bad considering it was done with a brush.

The flash makes the floor boards look worse than they are.  You can see where I touched up the paint on the front seat frame. I case your wondering , you cannot remove this after the fuselage is covered.
With all that completed , I taped off the right side to paint the gear leg. I wanted to paint outside but the only way it is 70 degrees in Nov. in VA is for the wind to really blow out of the Southwest. The Aerothane dries so slow (even slower when the humidity is high) that I had to paint inside. Here it is all ready to paint, I did the fan in the door thing again.

After lunch I shot two coats of Aerothane Insignia White, it came out better than I thought it would. I got one little run down near the brake line, it was really hard to shoot down at the bottom near the wheel. It probably could have used one more coat, but I did not have enough paint mixed.
With the remaining paint I shot the windshield strip and the last belly inspection panel.
The last items I wanted to paint was the flat black on the boot cowl glare shield, instrument panel and windshield trim strip. I was starting to run outa steam but I got it done about 6:30.

  This came out pretty good for a spray can. I could not find flat black paint in a Qt. can? I should be able to spend the next few work days actually assembling parts. Check back tomorrow, you might see some real progress.
Check out the floor jack at the upper right, my friend Scott wanted me to take it to the dump for him. It is really cool. I would bet big money that it was even made in America, remember when we use to make things?

No comments: