Sunday, October 3, 2010

Progress grinds to a halt

My last post was back on 9/27, on that day the Lord said "let it rain for 4 days and nights". We got almost 20 inches of rain, at times there was 2 inches of standing water in the back yard. We got a whole summers worth of rain in 4 days. Too bad all my dogwoods were already dead ! I also developed a little roof leak, while not bad it did require constant attention to prevent serious damage. I will have to fix or have it fixed this week. I also got another hate gram from the city telling me my grass was 12 inches tall and had to be cut by Monday. Here's a shot of my dead grass before the rain.


On Tuesday I spotted an 12 volt E80-13b starter on Ebay with a reasonably fresh overhaul(2007). I threw in a low ball bid and got it for less than the cost to overhaul mine! It was right down in Hampton so we went down and picked it up . Of course that resulted in a trip to Northern and Harbor Freight and that day was gone !

On the Cub I did try to paint the embossed control covers, however my great plan was a dismal failure. It was not possible to wipe the black paint off the top of the letters and symbols. So yesterday I painted them all black and I will use the paint pen as recommended by my friend Scott. With my shaky hand, not sure how this will turn out ! Here they are all black.



  I have also been working on the brake lines , seems that the upper brake line clamp inside the right "V" is broken. Not sure how to fix this yet. Any ideas? I thought about just putting a ty-rap around it and covering it with duct tape! The "v's" would be an easy winter cover project, but I really do not want to do it now.

  That's it for last week on the Cub. Today were getting ready to watch the Eagles beat the crap out of the Redskins! BC has  already staked out his chair !

No comments: