Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Poly Spary

Got a slow start on the Cub today, started by ironing all the tapes on the door one more time. After lunch the sun came out and I shot one cross coat of Poly Spray. The temperature was right at 68F and the humidity was right on the edge of causing blushing. I wanted to get two coats on but it clouded up and the temp dropped so I had to bag the spraying for today. The forecast is for rain tomorrow then another stretch of beautiful dry weather so I should have no trouble getting her done. Here it is after one cross coat.

After giving up on the painting I worked on the boot cowling. I developed a work around for some problems with the the mount to fuselage bolts and I think it will be OK. The two rows of holes the previous owners mechanic drilled in the wrong location are more problematic. I will probably have to drill out the lower center line rivets to get the bottom to fit tightly. Since the panel defines the upper curve of the boot cowl I had that fitted today. Here are a couple shots.

I realized today that when installed you can see the upper edge of the back side of the instrument panel , so I will have to paint the forward/back side flat black. I will wait till it's all fitted. According to my boss, tomorrow is rain so will work on boot cowl. Thursday is a trip to Richmond to get the re-overhauled Jacobs. Friday will be a painting day. Here he is giving me some pointers on painting.

No comments: