Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Windshield progress

Not a whole lot of visible progress today, worked on the windshield this morning. Figured out today that I can't install the windshield strips with the windshield installed, they have to go on first then the plexiglass can be slid into the slot. It is so tight that I won't be able to put in any sealing foam tape.  I will just push some RTV  into the gaps after the windshield is installed. I final drilled the holes in the windshield and I will install it as soon as I touch up some paint I messed up. In the afternoon I went to the airport and got the engine I will use to mock up all the controls, exhaust, and cowl. I won't install this until everything else  is complete because it will take up the entire length of the garage. Here we are drilling the windshield.
Inspecting the engine.
This is the C-85 engine that came with the project, I won't put together my C-90 until the fuselage goes to the airport and is assembled. That was it on the Cub today, supposed to get cold for the rest of the week, so maybe I won't have as many distractions.

No comments: