Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Throttle Question

OK , I need help with this one. I have lots of pictures to help put the Cub back together but none of this area. I need to know how the throttle cable is attached to the side of the fuselage just behind the instrument panel. Here is a shot of mine.
The back of the instrument panel is at the left, the black tube is the cross member at the lower edge of the panel. The small silver/rusty tube in the middle is the throttle casing clamped to a welded boss on the fuselage longeron.
After leaving this clamp , mine runs over this diagonal tube then down to the hole in the firewall. I am wondering if there is a special clamp that is longer and allows the control cable to run under this tube instead of over. Of course the Piper parts manual pictures don't show this installation, and the clamp does not have a Piper part number. I would like to make sure this is correct before I install the instruments and it might still be possible to correct. Here are a couple more shots of the same area.

I finished the pitot and static system today, however the batteries died in the camera so no pictures. I hope to finish the magneto wiring tomorrow.

No comments: