Monday, December 20, 2010

Fuel system complete

Wow, progress has really slowed. With the holidays and some home projects, I'm only getting a couple hours a day on the Cub. Today I finished the right side of the panel and the fuel system. Yesterday I finished making the hoses for the fuel system. I had some problems initially , I think just because the hose was so cold. I could not get the fittings to go on without the tool slipping right near the end . I finally took the hose in the house and heated it in the oven at 100 degrees and everything went smooth. The fuel has been on for a couple days now with no leaks noted. Here is a shot under the tank.
  Here is a shot under the panel showing the installation of the primer, oil temperature and oil pressure lines. It is a real back breaker working up under here, so I took special care to hopefully make this maintenance free for years.
Here is a shot on the engine side of the firewall, I will probably seal all the holes with fireproof putty after everything is complete.
And here is the gascolator and the fuel line to the carburetor.
Last but not least, we have the right side of the panel with the gauges installed for an extended trial fitting.
I'm still looking for the "solo rear seat only " placard, not sure there was one with the project. It goes where the two small holes are at the lower right. I will install a slip / skid ball after the airplane is assembled and leveled. The temp is supposed to moderate this week, so I may get the panel finished and start on the cowl.

No comments: