Sunday, September 19, 2010

Delayed by the Chinamen

Delayed again by my cheap Chinese tools. I have to be fair though, I have been using the piss out of this $90 dollar paint shaker. It does not have a Hobbs meter, however I have put at least a pint of oil through it at one drop every 18 seconds.
There really is not much to it, but I'm not sure I really understand the pneumatic sequencing of this thing during operation. I went in and changed the "O" ring on the piston and it worked for the day. Now, do I go buy 4 more of these or do you buy the American made unit for $400 ? Oh well, after a stimulating intellectual morning of fixing the paint shaker , I got back to painting. Today was Black and White day. I painted all the panels Insignia White , I just used Stits Enamel one part paint for this. Here they are all finished , I will wait a day or two and then paint the red stripes.
I then painted a bunch of small parts black.
The rest of the day was spent cleaning the shop so I could get the fuselage back in. Today I will work some more on the boot cowling. I'm running out of other projects and can't put it off much longer. BC does not like the noise of the paint sprayer, so he slept inside all day, no picture today. It does not seem to bother his girl friend though, she never moves from this spot behind the shop.

No comments: