Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tape and Plastic

Hoped to get the stripe on the fuselage painted today, but had some distractions and it did not get done.
Started the day cleaning out the garage to get the fuselage in. That went smooth until a stray Beagle and a Lab showed up to chase cats. My 13 lb helper ended up 30 ft up in a tree.
Well there was no way he was going to climb back down, so out came the ladder and the pruning tools and up I go.
I have to add that the girl that came for the dogs did offer her husband to help, but we got-er-done. Here he is walking back to the shop with attitude.

This could have been dicey if the cat did not trust me unconditionally. Now back to the airplane stuff.
The fuselage really fills my dinky shop, but I got it in and set up for painting.
I then did my best to follow the original stripe lines with 1/4 inch fine line tape, then edged it all with 1 1/2 Frog tape.
  This took about 4 hours,  after dinner break and some errands, I got out the plastic and the really cheap? masking tape and went to work. I had to mask off the entire airplane. Here is the end result.
Tomorrow we paint the Aerothane Red stripes.

No comments: