Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nice Pair



Of course I'm referring to those beautiful little Clipped Cub wings waiting for assembly. These are stored in my good friend Claude Rich's hanger, seems the wedding party wanted some airplane shots. He sent me these for motivational purposes!
The cold returned today so just a little progress, I installed the nut plates on the heater air intake. This allows you to remove the cowl by just taking out the 4 external screws instead of messing around with the two heater hoses inside the cowling.
I then repaired the the forward pin location on the nose bowl. The hole was really enlarged, so I made an inside doubler and flush riveted it on the back side. This area is covered by the top cowling so this will not show. Most of it will be covered by the grommet anyway.
I thought about making a whole new front doubler but it just was not worth the work. Structurally this repair is fine.
More doubler work tomorrow.

No comments: