Saturday, January 1, 2011

Finally some progress

With  a cold front approaching from the west, we had a warm southwest flow today and the temperature topped out at 63 degrees! Supposed to be a warm rain tonight , that should finish off the last remnants of the Epic snow storm. I took advantage of the warm spell to finish a little striping , etching and painting, my favorite job ! First I had to clean up a little and get the fuselage outside. I know it is ridiculous, but I think I'm going to paint a ring of black on the hub caps so they look the same diameter as the old 800-4 style hub caps. Look at this shot, the wheels just don't look right.
With the fuselage outside , I primed the windshield trim strips, mag switch plate, cabane covers, throttle clamp, muffler clamps, and the replacement master cylinder covers.  Not sure I mentioned it in a previous post, but the right master cylinder started to leak where the brake line screws in. When I tried to tighten it the pipe thread bottomed out so the cover had to be replaced. On inspection the threads were a little buggered up, I cleaned up and painted two spares I had in stock. Should be good to go now. Managed to finish just before dark.


That was it for today, here is a shot of BC with his son (BC Jr.). All that snow melted in two days.

No comments: