Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Exhaust is back !

Today I received the exhaust back from Dawley. They built it exactly per my specs, however I think I made an error in my measurements. They managed to save two of my stamped collectors and they look real good. Here are a few pictures , check out that welding !



The problem is that when the muffler is lowered, it changes the position of the tailpipe. I lowered the muffler to clear the oil screen, and this came out great.
The problem is the tailpipe shroud is now too close to the gascolator outlet fitting.

I think I will send this back to Dawley with the muffler. First I'll have them check the tail pipe angle on the muffler. If that is correct, I will have them raise the muffler about 1/2 inch, that will move the tailpipe over about 5/16th inch. Unfortunately, there is no moving the gascolator. I can make this fit now, however I would like to get this fitting a little better.   

No comments: